I just spent so much time looking up and posting kale recipes that I don’t have time now to make myself a kale salad for lunch, which was why I was looking for recipes…
Lightened Up Protein Power Goddess Bowl
Yield: 6 cups
- 1 cup uncooked green lentils (yield 2 & 3/4 cups cooked)
- 1 cup uncooked speltberries (yield 2 cups cooked) OR grain of choice, like brown rice
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil, for sautéing
- 1/2 red onion (~1 & 1/3 cups), chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3 cups spinach or kale, roughly chopped (I used Lacinato kale)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 batch of Lightened Up Tahini-Lemon Dressing (recipe below)
- Kosher salt & black pepper, to taste
- Lemon Wedges & lemon zest, to garnish
Lightened Up Tahini-Lemon Dressing
Adapted from Tahini-Lemon Dressing.
Yield: Just under 1 cup of dressing
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup Nutritional yeast or a bit more, to taste
- 2-4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- 1 tsp kosher salt + freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 3 tbsp water, or as needed
2 big bunches of Lacinato Kale, washed well, stemmed, rolled into a bunch and sliced thinly
Puree the following altogether to make the dressing
1 clove garlic
1 tbspn apple cider vinegar
1 tbspn dried thyme
1/2 cup sunflower seeds, soaked for a few hours, drained and rinsed
1 cup extra virgin olive oil (I’ve also tried 3/4 oil and 1/4 water with success if you don’t want all the oil)
sea salt (I usually put 1-3 tsp, 1 tsp per pound of stemmed and sliced kale for the salad)
Toss kale in marinade and refrigerate overnight. You can eat it fresh but it is really best eaten the next day to allow the flavors to blend well together.
Weekend Glow Kale Salad
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 large head of kale (about 4-6 cups)
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2-3/4 cup chopped carrot (2 small carrots)
- 1 English cucumber (2 cups chopped halves)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 & 1/4 cup chopped grape tomatoes (or other variety)
- 1/2 cup mixed raisins and Goji berries
- 1/4 cup hemp seed
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Dressing: 1 batch of Lightened Up tahini-Lemon Dressing (<—click for recipe)
- Your desired fresh or dried herbs
1. Chop vegetables and mix in a large mixing bowl. Reserve hemp seed and walnuts for sprinkling on top.
2. Make your Lightened Up tahini-Lemon Dressing in a food processor and process until smooth.
3. Tear the leaves off of the kale and rip into bite-sized pieces. Wash and dry kale leaves.
4. Mix the vegetables, kale leaves, and full batch of dressing (3/4-1 cup) in large bowl until thoroughly combined.
5. Place in fridge to ‘marinate’ for 10-15 minutes. Serves 4. Keeps in fridge in a sealed container for 1 day.
I got really excited about this, I know Tony would love a Nick Cave suit, but they are like art pieces. Hope he does a wearable collection at some point!