I just spent so much time looking up and posting kale recipes that I don’t have time now to make myself a kale salad for lunch, which was why I was looking for recipes…
Yield: 6 cups
Adapted from Tahini-Lemon Dressing.
Yield: Just under 1 cup of dressing
2 big bunches of Lacinato Kale, washed well, stemmed, rolled into a bunch and sliced thinly
Puree the following altogether to make the dressing
1 clove garlic
1 tbspn apple cider vinegar
1 tbspn dried thyme
1/2 cup sunflower seeds, soaked for a few hours, drained and rinsed
1 cup extra virgin olive oil (I’ve also tried 3/4 oil and 1/4 water with success if you don’t want all the oil)
sea salt (I usually put 1-3 tsp, 1 tsp per pound of stemmed and sliced kale for the salad)
Toss kale in marinade and refrigerate overnight. You can eat it fresh but it is really best eaten the next day to allow the flavors to blend well together.
Yield: 4 servings
1. Chop vegetables and mix in a large mixing bowl. Reserve hemp seed and walnuts for sprinkling on top.
2. Make your Lightened Up tahini-Lemon Dressing in a food processor and process until smooth.
3. Tear the leaves off of the kale and rip into bite-sized pieces. Wash and dry kale leaves.
4. Mix the vegetables, kale leaves, and full batch of dressing (3/4-1 cup) in large bowl until thoroughly combined.
5. Place in fridge to ‘marinate’ for 10-15 minutes. Serves 4. Keeps in fridge in a sealed container for 1 day.
I got really excited about this, I know Tony would love a Nick Cave suit, but they are like art pieces. Hope he does a wearable collection at some point!